Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 14, 2007

Fingeryoga or mudras

Today I wanted to tell you my personal experience with mudras.

Yesterday I found some interesting sites speaking about it. Some years ago I looked for this info but couldn't find it. That is why I collect everything interesting and useful I find and decided to post it in blogs in the last time. I understood it's more intelligent from all points of view to have different blogs speaking about one them and not generic as I had before (like Liudmila or Diary).

There are different sorts of mudras.
1-mudras used in the dance to mime the meaning of the song, or they may be simple aestetic ornamentation.Some have very limited meanings, and some are used as catch-alls for miming a variety of ideas. This mudras you can find in this site for example.
2- mudras used in Buddhismus primarily to indicate the nature and function of the deity. They are also used routinely by current-day in spiritual exercises and worship. This info you can read here or in other sites.
3- mudras used to heal.

I found 2 authors of books that write about it. One of them is Kim da Silva and other is Gertrud Hirschi. I began to read the book "Mudras" by Hirschi and today I think it's a very good explanation. But now there are many good sites in internet too. The book by Da Silva I could find had good photos, but does not explain the principles. Mudras help you even if you don't understand them, but for me was important to go to the base.

Da Silva writes, everybody can create mudras he needs in this or that moment if he understands those bases.

Mudra Science is Tatva Yoga-Yoga based on science of elements. Elements in tibetan buddhism are 5 (I study and practice This buddhism). This is very difficult theme to treat in a little post dedicated to mudras. So I'll write an other post later. Now I say only that those are Space, Aria, Earth, Fire and Water. They are connected to 5 colours -blue, white, green, red, yellow. There are differences in this connection, dipends from school you follow.

Elements, colours are nothing other as manifestations of the energy. We can immagin, it has qualities that are similar to the qualities of water or fire. How can you describe energy that is manifesting as light in your lamp? Something like this.

The same with the energy of our body. Pratically you connect different channels of the energy of your body connecting this or that fingers or fingers and parts of the hand. Together with the forces of our mind they can help us to heal our deseases.

The most important case in my life was when my dog died. He was my best friend and his death was great tragedy for me. I knew he was dying but I could not accept it. It last one week. First days we used medicines but was clear they provoke only more sufferings. He was lying as dead. The doctor gave him the medicine that awoke him, but this medicine could be used only 2 times, then don't work more. But my dog was alive and I couldn't blow out the light of his eyes with my own hands.

So with all force of disperation I found
mudras I thought can help him in the book of Hirschi and began to do them. First time I took them 40 minutes. After that he awoke! And remain so for 2-3 hours. Then lay as befor. So I began to do it every time I saw he begins to feel bad. Every 3-4 hours. And every time I needed less minutes to bring him "normal". Last times this passed him some instants after I put my hands on his body.

His illness killed him (kidney trouble) but he was so as he felt nothing, "normal", with us. My hands were more powerful as the medicine.

After this story I did that my mother and other old relative read this book and try with mudras. They were very angry with me. They were fixed on the word buddhismus and religion. At the end they understood it's not about buddhismus, and nobody wants they change religion of their fathers (specially both are non-believers :)) ). Both chosed mudras that save the life in critical situations and both said me they help them when they feel bad suddenly.

Treat your fingers in a careful and loving way.

And here there are sites I found about it
Mudras
Miracles of Mudras
About.com
Fingeryoga

More
http://www.kheper.net/topics/chakras/chakras.htm
http://sacredcenters.com/chakrayoga.html
http://www.kundaliniyoga.org/mudras.html
http://www.yogamag.net/archives/2000/5sep00/depres.shtml
http://www.swamij.com/sitemap.htm

No comments:

Post a Comment