Pages

Search This Blog

Monday, July 28, 2008

About Skin Cancer Prevention


In my family there were many cases of all types of cancer. And there were members of our family that had different types of cancer during there lives. Specially skin cancers. In the last period the sister of my husband that likes sun and beach very much had skin cancer too. So, I'm very attentive when I find something about it. Here I want to remember some rules about the behaviour to prevent skin cancer.

The very clear description you can find if you visit this page "Skin cancer" that was suggested by CCN.

The sister of my husband heard about vaccine to prevent skin cancer invented in Milano institute and asked me to find more information about it. So, for those that are interested in this information too I can say what we found here about it. This vaccine is only at the beginning and will be ready for use after years of research. So, don't think about it else. Think about prevention. And that skin cancer is curable. All skin cancer forms even those more grave. Say the sources I read and the story of my family too.
Prevention
Most basal cell carcinomas can be prevented. To protect yourself:
Avoid the midday sun.
Use sunscreen year-round.
Wear protective clothing.
Be aware of sun-sensitizing medications. (!!!)
Perform regular skin checks.
Get enough vitamin D.
Read more on this page

2 comments:

  1. People don't think about prevention until it's too late!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It'true. Event in the cases like mine with many persons in the family with cancer history, I never think about prevention.

    ReplyDelete