Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Some Words About Sherab Chamma

I promised to Bharat to write about Sherab Chamma. Finally I can say that I'm ready to speak about her.

Sherab Chamma

Sherab Chamma is one -and maybe the most important- Goddess, pacific Goddess, of Bon panteon. If we think that Bön is one of the most ancient, "cosmic" religions, this fact becomes more interesting, from my point of view. Because the later religions prefere males as main Gods.

Sherab Chamma is Wisdom and Loving Mother of all Buddhas etc, sentient beings. Infact the name has these meanings. She is Golden Light, her practice heals from illnesses and donates long life. Some links you can find in my "Yungdrung Bon Forum"

Symbolism of "Great Mother":
this is the empty nature of all the phenomena of the reality, wisdom of the understanding of the absence of the individual ego, pure space, essence free from all the ignorance, absolut nature of the existance.

The wrathful aspect of Chamma is Si(d)pe Gyalmo and other, semi-wrathful aspect is the protector of Dzogchen Yeshe Walmo (read more Ya Shi Wal Mo)

Read More About Goddesses:
Green Tara
Guanyin

6 comments:

  1. Thanks Liudmila,

    I appreciate your post about "Sherab Chamma", i did not know about her.

    Thank you for let us know about her.
    Liudmila is there any connection with Green Tara and Sherab Chamma", because some where i read Green Tara is also regarded as Mother of all the buddha. please see this post in my blog Grren Tara.
    I will link this post to my blog too.

    Once again Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are the Goddesses of different traditions, Tara and Sherab Chamma.

    They have some differences in the "job" they do. Sherab Chamma has more "leading" position and, as such, more functions and responsabilities.

    Than, if I'm right, Tara is a Dakini, a Yidam and Sherab Chamma is one of the primary gods.

    Said this, there are "Great Mothers" in maybe all religions. Isis, Amaterasu as examples.
    Very-very interesting is to read about Amaterasu, japanese primary Goddess, very similar to Sherab Chamma... There are legends and pictures absolutely to read and to see.

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's clear, Footiam, Bon tradition is not very known in the world. But becomes more and more popular in Europe.

    Interesting, what is the name of the Goddess of Mercy you tell about?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Guanyin. It is said that the Goddess comes from India. There is a pic of the goddess at http://impermanentworld.blogspot.com/2009/01/joy-is-statue-of-goddess-of-mercy.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. So, I added them to the post. Very interesting would be to make a full list of the Goddesses-countries-missions.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liudmila. Thanks. I registered over at your forum. Looks like a nice place. If I'm not mistaken, many of the posts are in Italian. I can't read those, but I posted a couple of things there in English today. I will keep an eye on it and share other things.

    ReplyDelete