Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, February 28, 2008

Yin Yang Symbol and Tai-Chi

During my "vacation" without computer I could finally open a book I bought different months ago. "The Tao of Tai-Chi Chuan" written by Jou Tsung Hwa. And I was surprised to find very clear and comprehensive explanation of the philosophy of Yin Yang there.

I thought always, I understood this symbol more or less. Nothing complicated: male and female -in all their manifestations. But it's about very different thing.

It's about creation of everything.
Inside Nothing -Emptiness (Wu-Chi) -appears circular Movement (Tai-Chi)
And with movement they separate. But every of them contain the seed of other. Because every circular movement at the end creates an "eye" in the center. More fast is the movement, more similar to 2 fishes is the diagram: it was a circle devided in 2 equal parts first, did you know it?

I loved 2 things in this Chapter.
1/ There are a man and a piano. And there is not relation between them. It's Wu-Chi, Emptiness.
Than the intention to play passes through the head of the man, a movement began. And it's Tai-Chi. Every relation can be described in this way.

2/ Normally the sportsmen think to develop only external muscles of the body -and their internal parts suffer from this. The development is not harmonious.

So, if there are problems, it means, these 2 parts have abnormal relation. Too much Yin or too much Yang.

And if you can maintain Yin and Yang harmonious and in good relation, you will be able to live in eternity.

Related posts:
Understanding "I Ching" or "Book of Changes"
Duality
Thomas and Tai Chi
Total Global Balance by Zubli Zainordin

Related story:
-From today you have not to drink wines, to eat sweeties and meat and sourses and others things like these, you have not to smoke and to go out with women...
-And if I'll do all this, I'll live in eternity?
-Maybe not, but you will feel it so.

7 comments:

  1. It's a fascinating symbol, Liudmila. Perhaps we can see one that is ever moving. Flow, Balance, Twinning, Unity, Active, Vibrant, and more. I love it, I use it here: http://www.atotalblog.wordpress.com, Total Global Peace Badge.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Not live in eternity, I think but live for a long period of time!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Footiam, I finish your thought ;))) ...with good heath and healthy mind.
    I wanted to live so -so much as it will be. But I think it depends from our genes too.

    You are right, Zubli, fascinating is the good word. I need more time to understand it better.
    Thank you for the link, I'll read it now.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Liudmila, there are many angles we can look at this fascinating symbol for our own understanding. First, the circumference, a circle, which is dynamic in terms of wholeness and movements. Second, the inside, a twin of leaf likes, Yang - Yin, which also represents balance, and equality. Similar yet not the same. Third, the difference in terms of the two almost opposing and complementary colors, black and white. These may constitute night and day, evil and good, endarkenment and enlightenment. Fourth, its continuity of a continuum. One is always a part of another. Much liken to the duality of Vortex - the basic ingredients of all things. Fifth, as one relate the symbol to one self, it is simply awesome, a total life of peace, order, harmony, and vibrancy! More...

    ReplyDelete
  5. You always tell me enlightening things, Zubli. You know, I did not think about these all sides you write.

    In fact, all religions see circle as a perfect figure. Some time ago we spok about visions that come in form of circles of different colours -as result of advanced techniques. Sincerely, I could not understand why all they are high progress.

    Now I see it's really a thing of a more deep "excavation"

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Liudmila,
    Feel great to find This Blog, i didnot notice that you have this blog.
    It's Very wonderful informative discription about Ying-Yang.
    I like it.

    Hope you are doing well

    Best regards
    Bharat

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Bharat, I'm very happy you like it.
    But the most precious in this blog are it's visitors. Read the comments! They are GREAT!

    ReplyDelete