Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Studying "Gyalwa Chaktri" With Geshe Gelek Jimpa From Bonpo Monastery Of Norbutse

A week ago I partecipated on a ritrit in Pozzuoli. This post is only to tell you some words about this event in my life.

I was fortunate this time because this ritrit was not so far from my house, but I had to wake up at 5 in the morning to take a train and turned home at 11 in the evening. But these were only 3 days and there was a very friendly company.

We studied Ngondro this time, and now we have only to practice it. For some of us (for me) the practice goes in contrary way. With Bon tradition I began from advanced practices and now I turnd back to preliminary practices. I did them with Mahayana tradition, but with this tradition it was in this way. Nothing bad. To do preliminary practices is always good.

Geshe Gelek is the first in Europe to teach Tummo. And that was the first time I met him, when he began to teach it in Italy in 2005. And you can see his photo -what scientists did with our poor Geshe Gelek- and read about studies on mind control in an article in Harward Gazette

It's very interesting for me from "scientifical" point of view to be in the presence of this monk because he has very strong energy when he reads mantras or texts. It's incredible to feel these vibrations. But in the normal state there is nothing special when you stay near him...



4 comments:

  1. Oh! You are so lucky, Liudmila! I wish I get to go there too! It would be a great experience!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's really great period in my life, because I'm so happy to have these possibilities to meet this Teaching and these Lamas.

    You are in a place Footiam, where -I think- you could find really Illuminated Teachers if you look around with great attention. This last is very important.

    It's an experience that you would try to have. Ask about Dzog Chen Teachers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I guess I never look around. Just got too caught up with living!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you are right. But more probably you had not need to look around.

    ReplyDelete