Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, November 23, 2008

Rebalance Your Energy And Your Mind. Your Meditation

the root of ignorance itself is the mind’s habitual tendency to distraction
To end the mind’s distraction would be to end samsara itself;
the key to this, he realized, is to bring the mind home to its true nature,
through the practice of meditation.
Sogyal Rinpoche

Meditation may also be thought of as a technique by which
we dimish the force of old thought habits and develop new ones.
H H 14th Dalai Lama

But by thinking of the Dharma we experience tranquillity
and that tranquillity gives us pleasure. This is worthwhile isn't it?" -
His Holiness the Dalai Lama


"Let the water settle; you will see the moon and stars mirrored in your being."
--Jelaluddin Rumi

From "What is meditation?& How to meditate"

Don't know how I opened YouTube and found there an interesting video today. An interesting chanal, precisely. The monk speaks about relaxation there. And about Happyness. That is why I stopped there.

When I began to visit the meetings of Soka Gakai buddhists (it was the first buddhist group I knew), they used to speak about the benefits they are buddhists every time. Because there were different new persons on their meetings always and these persons asked this question. That buddhists told about different things like "I began to study", "I found a new home" etc. Well, I agree, the answers were not very intelligent. Would you not study if you would not buddhist? Or would you not look for a new flat if you need it?

But the same question I asked myself sometimes. And there is only one answer to it. Buddhism leads to happiness.

Here I wanted to write some phrases from the video I liked very much:
"If this Path leads us to Happiness, than the Path should be Happiness too.A Stressful path will not lead to the relaxation destination, I don't think so. That is what Buddha said.
There is no way to the happiness. Happiness itself is the way.
The path of stress and pain will not lead us to destination of Happiness..." (How many times we remember it in our lives?)


In this videowe hear about Skylike meditation. But there is not explanation. Do you know more about it?

No comments:

Post a Comment