Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, December 11, 2008

More About Drums And Sound Healing

Continue the theme about drums and their use. As I wrote in my previous post (Trance Dance Healing ) I was very interested to read about this healing technique. I bought 2 Nepalese Drums and wanted to learn to play them. It's not so simple, you know... Well, with practice hope I'll become brave.

I wanted to learn more about this technique and found an interesting scientific article. Here is what was written there:

Sounds that use shamans are similar to their breath or heart rhythm (at the beginning). When they drum they take it high, near the face or near the head. This way the resonance in the head is much more strong. After some time of this drumming every person can reach hypnotic state that is similar to the trance of shaman. The brain shows Tetra-waves and sometimes even Delta-waves.

Interesting information:
This art was very important in Africa. So much, that they could cut the arms and hands for an error in the execution. (that is why they are so brave in this art! :)) ).
Christian church did not like keltic drums. So much that they annihilate all the drums existing at the time (about XVII-XVIII cent.). You can find them only on the pics today.
Irish drum is known as "bodhran" that means "chant of the cow" (maybe were made from the skin of the cows)

Watch these 2 videos. I'm sure you will like them. First is (original!) shaman dance from Kamchatka. By the way, look at the face of the dancer from first till 3-d part.



This second I did not understood where comes from. Maybe from Siberia. I laughed when I read one of the comments to this video: Allah bless them and show them the right path. We cannot accept defferences of others...

qq

2 comments:

  1. I too, itwas the first time for me to hear about it. But the sounds are really very relaxing.

    ReplyDelete