Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 7, 2008

Trance Dance Healing

It is an interesting aspect of healing. I never thought about it before. Practically it's the first time I hear about it. I surely knew that there are different sorts of Sacral Dances. But I've never heard before about this special use of dance.

It's said we use today different sacral things for entertainment. We forgot their's meaning.
Trance Dance is a tool to heal and to be in contact with spirits. A way to reach meditative state, very easy way. Rhythm, sound and movements of the body. The "trance" that can be reached is the deep meditational state.

Tambour is used as musical instrument for this dance because it's sound is similar to the sound of the heart. And this constant beating is so familiar to our body that we believe it, forget everything, relax completely and our mind becomes silent.


This video is not the best examp, but the elements are to consider if you are interested in this healing.

Finally a valid example of these sounds:

qq

2 comments:

  1. I like the Music on 2nd Video. It relaxing as you say.

    Thanks for visiting my blog again.., after long time.
    Hope you are doing well.
    Take care

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to learn "drumming" now with nepalese drums. It's difficult without a teacher. Would youlike to write a post about it?

    ReplyDelete