Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 5, 2009

What Brings Us Happiness?

One of the alternative medicine authors wrote in her blog about the research that wanted to learn what brings us more happiness: experiences (travel, concerts, sports events) or material things (new cars, computers, stereo equipment).

You would remember me about my buddhist studies and philosophy, but I wanted to think about this "material" happiness now.

What would you prefere in this period of crisis: one time experience happiness or constant material thing happiness. In other words: would I like to visit Bahamas or would I prefere to buy a new car?

Sincerely I don't know. In some cases I would prefere experiences. A ritrit or maybe a walk in the mountains... Why not permanent thing? Well, memory is a permanent thing, first. And the experiences and feelings use to become more and more splendid with time.

I heard about it yesterday: native Americans used to take with them a little bag with special herbs. When a special event happend in their life, they took the herb from that bag and smell it. So, when they wanted to remember that event, they smelt that herb.

C ПРИХОДОМ ВЕСНЫ ВАС, ДОРОГИЕ!!!...
«C ПРИХОДОМ ВЕСНЫ ВАС, ДОРОГИЕ!!!...» на Яндекс.Фотках

2 comments:

  1. I think some people are happy when they experience having material things.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe a very soft sofa forever is preferible as one month on the beach.

    ReplyDelete