Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, May 22, 2009

How Many Years Do You Need To Become A Real Ajurveda Master?

перебирают кардамон

The last 3 or 4 days I read often discussions of bloggers that say: there is not necessary to learn many years to become a great guru of Ajurveda or other similar and not similar like mystic disciplines.

One person told me about a great professor of Ajurveda located in Moscau. He has many ajurvedical centers and many persons come to him to study ajurveda and to cure different deseases. The friend said me, many persons feel much more better after the healing practices in this centers.

I opened the site of his center and subscribed his newsletter. The first newsletter I received told me about the life of great professor. He studied Ajurveda in monasteries (it want to mean not one but different) for 5 (fife) years. After that he turned back in Russia and is now what he is.

So, my question, my dear friends, is this:
I thought, Ajurveda and other disciplines like tibetan or other medicine, magic etc are very difficult arts. One person needs many many years to become a guru of one of them. I don't know precisely how many years the "doctors" study, but I've heard about philipine healers (and wrote about them here too) that study about 15 years.

I would be very glad if you illuminate me.

Масла и настойки из трав и деревьев Шри-Ланки

4 comments:

  1. Hi Liudmila,
    Nice post , I don't know how many years take to become real Ajurveda or aayurveda master.
    As i know Most of the Aaurveda masters (we called Vaidya) in Nepal, inherit knowledge from there parents, of course they have been assist there parents while healing and searching herbs from early age.

    I think Aayurveda masters is different then morden medical doctor. and as you said Ajurveda and other disciplines like tibetan or other medicine, magic etc are very difficult arts. One person needs many many years to become a guru of one of them. i am agree with you.
    So i guess for the person who have previous knowledge about healing (inherit)he can be Aayurveda master faster then person who just study about aayurveda.
    this is just my opinion , correct me if i am wrong.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much, Bharat, it was very important for me to have your (and of other friends too) answer here. Really very-very important. Because after all that pressing I had in the last week I began to have doubts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People take 5 to 6 years in University to becomes doctor. So, I suppose if you have a good guru, you'd better take 5 to 6 years; otherwise, I won't consult you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe you are right and 5-6 years can be sufficient.

    ReplyDelete