Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, March 20, 2008

Understanding "I Ching" or "Book of Changes"

Dear Friends, PLS vote my blog in this directory (click this buton here or on the right of the page): Top Health Sites Rank by www.Nature-Ally.com

Confucius in "Analects" (Lun Yu) (479-221 BC) wrote about it:
"If I could make my life longer, I would study 50 years the "Changes" and could never make mistakes".

As said some days ago, I arrived in my reading to the concept of I-Ching and wanted to share my knowledge with you to listen what do YOU think about all this.

"I Ching" or "Book of Changes", it's a Taoist Sacred Text (see "Read more" in the bottom of the post) that is teaching impermanence (my opinion). It was in use just in 1099 BC, and some sources say, it was written about 3000 years BC.

As in the case of Yang and Yin ( Yin Yang Symbol and Tai-Chi ), the main idea is changes of day and night, light and dark -because they are the main forces that rule all the life on the earth. The difference is that "I-Ching" uses not colours and circle but lines. Unbroken line means light and broken line means dark.

All the life is in harmony with this changes -or dis-harmonize with them. If "colours are actions and sufferings of the light" (Goethe), hexagrms are possible ways to evolve for every situation in this sense.

Every "day" means that after some time will come "night" and every "night" earlier or later will change to "day". There is a seed of "night" in every "day" ecc. So, you see it's the same picture as Yin-Yang.

_____________Wu-Chi
_____________Tai-Chi
______+;____________________ -;
+__________ -;___________ +_______ -;
+___ -;___ +____-;_____ +____ -;___ +___ -;

(+++;++-;+-+;+--) ( -++ ,-+- ,--+ ,---)

So, it's important to know in what direction is evolving your situation to understand what is the next step to do -to avoid mistakes.

I don't want to speak here about predictions, you can read and play, opening one of the links below.

Source of this explanation is "The Tao Of Tai-Chi Chuan" by Jou Tsung Hwa

Here I ad
the Total Principles of Change
that Zubli Zainordin wrote in his comment:
01. Change is permanent.
02. The God does not give me the power to change you.
03. The God does not give you the power to change me.
04. The God does give me the power to change me.
05. The God does give you the power to change you.
06. I change me, and U change you. It is like ABC - Awareness Before Change.
07. Next let's change together beginning with the one we each see when we stand in front of a mirror.

Read more:
Free I Ching Reading
The I Ching on the Net
The I Ching (text)
I CHING Bookmarks

9 comments:

  1. New to me. Interesting. More please...

    ReplyDelete
  2. liudmila knowledge never dies you bury all the good books but it will again come to the light
    ha ha ja thanks to the net it is being saved

    ReplyDelete
  3. :)) Will add some more explanations soon. I did not expected that it's seen in this way, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dear Liudmila, while you are at this topic - I-Ching Book of Changes, explaining more, please I add a bit here of what I know about the Total Principles of Change:

    01. Change is permanent.
    02. The God does not give me the power to change you.
    03. The God does not give you the power to change me.
    04. The God does give me the power to change me.
    05. The God does give you the power to change you.
    06. I change me, and U change you. It is like ABC - Awareness Before Change.
    07. Next let's change together beginning with the one we each see when we stand in front of a mirror.

    BTW, I have a nice song in relations to this. You know Michael Jackson? Come, listen please...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Once I had the same feeling as today. When I understood that Nirvana and Samsara are the same thing.

    Today you gift me the same feeling.
    I've never thought about it: that permanence and impermanence are the same. We spoke once with Footiam about it and I said: I think that permanence is a condition of the life. Now I understand it's not a condition. Permanence-impermanence are not things to eliminate or to reach. They ARE life.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I-Ching is a very difficult book, Liudmila. Thanks for the post.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would be very happy if you partecipate on the theme with your knowleges "from the place" and your posts, Footiam.

    ReplyDelete
  8. change is ultimate law of nature and we being the subject forgetting something in every moment.Liudmila Ihave I remember have discussed with you preiously about my understanding of impermancy.I have voted for you

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for your vote, Debasis.

    I do not know how it's for others, but I often am not conscious about this or that thing. They say, the best practice is to be present here in this moment. I rarely do. So, in this case I was not conscious about this unite of permanence and impermanence that teaches tai-chi.

    ReplyDelete