Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, September 25, 2008

A Special Mudra

One of my blogers-friends is Debasis from India.
Now he learns to make high quality photos and videos and presents them in Spymac trying to earn some money with them. Hope he is successful with this project.

I'm interested in buddhist meditations and mudras, you know. Debasis visited a buddhist shrine and made video and photos there. I found interesting the positions of Buddha in these photos -and the mudras too. The position on the first photo is "classic", but the the second photo is interesting. I've never seen this mudra, I think.






I wrote some posts about mudras in this blog, you can find them in categorie "Mudras"
Some time ago Footiam wrote a post about mudras too but I can't find this his post, have to ask him about it

3 comments:

  1. Thank you, hope he'll become a great photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liudmila, actually I haven't come across the term mudras until you mentioned it. Now, of course, I know it is a symbolic or ritual gesture in Hinduism and Buddhism. abd can involve the entire body, hands and fingers. The fingers seen in Buddha's statues have their meanings or so I heard.

    ReplyDelete