Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Cleansing The Nose

Many yogic schools tell us we have to wash the nose everyday. Inspire water. Better if it's with 1/2 -1/4 teapoon of salt or/and 2-3 drops of hydrogen peroxide. Water has to be lukewarm (not too cold, not too warm).

Today I read about this technique in About.com and remembered that I have to do it.

I have sinusite and it is disturbing specially because not passas with the seasons as the flues and other seasonal deseases. I wrote that I tried with propolis and echinachea this year. It worked but I have still my nose closed.

I just began to wash the nose as the yogies advice. It is not very pleasant to inspire water. But you can do it after 2-3 times you try. And it helps, really. Not forever, but you can breath after it. Even if you have flu and other similar illnesses.

Now, in the article I read today the technique is different. You have not inspire water. You pour it in a nostril using a special (read: strictly personal) pot while breathing with the mouth. Water goes out through other nostril.

Interesting. Maybe it is not so unpleasant than inspiring water? Even if I just got accustomed to inspire.

Do somebody know if there is difference between these techniques?
qq
а там сливки - не достать
«а там сливки - не достать» на Яндекс.Фотках

4 comments:

  1. I'm not sure about 'inspiring water' but I do know about neti pots - in fact I wrote about my neti pot and how to use it on my blog.

    If find it a very easy technique actually.

    Hope its somewhat useful info for you! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you very much for the link, Svasti. I really did not know that there are these special accessories for these treatments.

    ReplyDelete
  3. People everywhere are only digging their nose!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Maybe not many know about washing...

    ReplyDelete