Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, April 7, 2009

The Power Of The Mantra

Mantras are one of the ways to heal or to purify karma. Many of us heard about them and some of us even uses them. I translated tday the words of Namkhai Norbu Rinpoche about one of the most known mantras and how we use it, so I wanted to write about this mantra here.


Посмотреть на Яндекс.Фотках

Once I heard the Dalai Lama told how we recite this mantra
OM MANI PADME HUNG
OM MANI PADME HUNG
OM MANI...
OM MANI...
money,money,money...

It was a joke but as every joke it had great truth under it.
Namkhai Norbu Rimpoche said:
OM MANI PADME HUNG is a mantra of the compassion.We do not think that it's about compassion. We repeat it so as that parrot that repeated the mantra and ate an insect, repeated the mantra and ate an insect.

It's a mantra of compassion and has be used with compassion to learn compassion.



5 comments:

  1. yes mantras have a value in life and rituals. In india the prists chant mantras in every rituals like wedding jangya etc etc

    ReplyDelete
  2. We presume the prists have the right soul state in the moment they chant us their mantras. Maybe the most is to believe...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I heard that this mantra is very powerful but really, I don't understand mantras at all.

    ReplyDelete
  4. There are different sorts of mantras. Important is to use them in correct way.

    I like sutras and mantras reciting very much. I have special feeling when I do it.

    I heard, the katanas are had so special resistance and power because they were made reciting special sutras.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Liudmila,
    Thank you very much for this post. I trying to repeat "OM MANI PADME HUM" Mantra whenever i remember about this mantra i have special feeling.

    Great video too. Luidmila I have uplode some slideshow with Mantra "Om Mani Padme Hum" By the Ani Choying Drolma and Ani Tsering Wangmo in my blog.

    Thanks for Include Joke about how people Chants mantra these days. It is intresting.
    Thanks

    ReplyDelete