Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, October 9, 2009

Labyrinth Is For Relaxation

Лабиринт «Лабиринт» на Яндекс.Фотках

I thought all my life that labyrinth is a sort of game. Now I discovered it is not so. These constructions were -first of all- the paths to Enlightenment. And you can find them even in the most important gotic churches like Chartres and Amiens and Siena. I would really like to visit these churches. But today I want to tell you about the healing use of these constructions in modern society.

Imagne, they are used as a very successful mode to relax persons and to cure stress! They say, there are about 2000 labyrinths in hospitals and similar centers only in the USA!

I have to confess, I've never seen one of them in my life. Maybe it is relaxing, I don't know. I wanted to write about labyrinths because I read about a couple in Denmark that createda labyrinth from great trees on their soil .

You can create a labyrinth to cure stress or to relax with anything you have and everywhere (stones, sand etc). The simple way is a finger labyrinth. Unfortunatelly, I did not understand what it is, and can't explain it to you here but you can download them from some sites in internet. Excuse me, maybe next time I will add one too.

Соловки. Лабиринт на Б.Заяцком о-ве
«Соловки. Лабиринт на Б.Заяцком о-ве» на Яндекс.Фотках

2 comments:

  1. We don't have this in our part of the world; not that I know of.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mmmm? I don't know much about labyrinths but I know that they are mentioned in the Antic Greeks myths.

    ReplyDelete