Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Singing Bowls Therapy: How To Buy And How To Play

One evening in Milan I went in the shop where it's possible to buy all the "esoteric" an buddhist things. I wanted to buy a singing bowl. It was a relatively long trip through Milan because I don't know the city, it's too large and because I don't know the distances I had to walk enough because I finally found the shop.

Entered in the shop I saw an entire collection of singing bowls and all their accessories. The owner gave me a stool and said I have to prove all the bowls I want. He said me I have to find MY bowl personally without any help from his side because it's an absolutely personal question.

So, I passed about half an hour to bit some of this bowls (there were many of them there). I was just ready to choose one before I came there. You remember, I read different articles and watched different videos about it. So, I knew the next points:

1 -there are simple bowls and healing quality bowls. The difference is in the vibration and how long the sound lasts. Healing bowls have pronounced vibration and the sound longs 1 to 3 minutes.

2 -it's not very clever to buy the bowls in internet because you have to control the sound. The blows can produce invisible cracks in the metal and the sound will not be good. The vendors could not change the item and not recognize the fault.

So I wanted to buy my bowl personally and the owner of the shop was strong with me in this sense too.

Singing those bowls -and there were very different of them, with pictures, very beautiful, and very simple with not very beautiful look- I discovered that there is really the great difference in sound and vibration. Finally, I found one with better as others vibration and nice sound. I showed it to the owner and said him, it seems to me, the vibration is good enough here. He took the bowl and showed me the sound how it is. I can't describe you HOW it was. I could not produce the sound this way and unfortunatelly did not ask the owner to show me how it works. It was... like in the space. We watch the space documentaries sometimes and they add this kind of sounds.

I'm not very downcast about it, I have watched some videos with the explanations. Today I looked for some of them. Here are the examples. If you know others, tell me pls.





No comments:

Post a Comment