Pages

Search This Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2007

Duality


Some days ago I wanted to write a comment but could no remember how to write "Yin and Yang" words. So I decided to refresh this information in my head . And all of a sudden, met an other theme that interests me and that I can't understand in my heart: 5 elements.

What I read in different sources about these two energies:

We speak here about unity of opposites. Two complementary principles cosmic forces that build everything in this world.
Dark, passive, downward, cold, contracting, weak, confusion and turmoil, femminile corrisponds to the night.Yin.
And bright, active, upward, hot, expanding, strong, peace and serenity, masculine corrisponds to the day. Yang. These two are constantly moving.

The yin and yang accomplish changes in the universe through the five material agents that produce one another and overcome one another. All phenomena can be understood using yin-yang and the five agents. All things follow this order so that all things can be related to one another in some way.

Creation occurs under the principle of yang, the completion of the created thing occurs under yin, and vice versa, and so on. It happens cyclically and constantly, so that no one principle continually dominates the other or determines the other. Since no one principle dominates eternally, that means that all conditions are subject to change into their opposites.

This can be explaind in 3 points
1- all phenomena change into their opposites in an eternal cycle of reversal

2- since the one principle produces the other, all phenomena have within them the seeds of their opposite state

3- even though an opposite may not be seen to be present, since one principle produces the other, no phenomenon is completely devoid of its opposite state. "presence in absence."

This principles are on the basis of the Medical Theory.

If you remember, I wrote about other point of view. They said: our body is a result of our thoughts. It's a map. If you know to read this map, you can change the results. I think, these 2 theories are the same ruts. In what sence. If you see "darkness" as a result you have to work to change it in the way you desire. You need sun, activity, serenity... I say it to give an example.

Maybe it's working so, but I don't understand this idea very good.... else

1 comment:

  1. I love the zen principals but I digress....as a psychic I see the Ying Yang effect with people all the time....I am not expert on the topic but I do know I can see the imbalance within people when they are not nuturing both their ying and yang sides

    ReplyDelete