Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 8, 2008

Brain music terapy

It's the first time I read about something like this.

Institute for Family Psychology of Houston treats depression, sleep disorders, anxiety of persons with their own brain music. They recod the brain waves of a person, convert them in music and use this music when the person sleeps to cure him/her.

This music sounds like a simple piano melody

In Houston this terapy, developed in 1990th, is used for a year and were treated about 100 patients. Most of them felt better. Why I bold "most" because personally do not believe in this too much. Why? When we have our mind in anxiety ecc how can our brain do not be affected by it?
The first recording costs about $550 and is effective for about three months for most patients because the brain adapts to the music. Patients then, for the same price, are encouraged to get a second recording, which usually lasts about four years
writes chron.com, the source of this news
Maybe it's about the gift of the God to us, the natural Great Joy...

Related post:
The Total Mind by Zubli Zainordin
What happens to you in the Cheops' pyramid

9 comments:

  1. Have you considered tuning into the universe for music. The earth rotation, winds breezing leaves on trees, oceans, river flowings, and the cocophony within the jungle. All these are natural. I love em.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You are right, I think, Zubli, the music of the nature is great. But if it's natural -for me. I think it's not the same to hear it near PC or recorded on some software -as therapy- and to listen to the water near the waterfall. Yes, not always is it possible and not for everybody.

    But in the case of the therapy described in my post, maybe it could be better as own ill brain's waves. Maybe.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fancy some hot rock music? Wonder if it soothe the brain?

    ReplyDelete
  4. I think the main idea of this therapy is to give to the clients something new. Music therapy is not new and they decided to begin with new offer.

    That is why I had doubts about it's effitience. But who knows. There are not other reports about this research -if it is one.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ah, this is what it's about... Now I understand! Yes, this has to be right choise. I wrote about Alpha in a post about Pyramides. Will add it now as a related post.

    Thank you, Zubli, sometimes I'm too slow to understand some things.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for this introductory article about the power of sound. As a musician and musician's daughter, I'm very aware of the the full body experience of sound vibrations. Many more studies need to be made regarding this. In the meantime, religions, politicians and artists will continue to manipulate the sound waves barely aware of how powerful of a tool/weapon they are wielding. Eastern meditation practices are some of the closest things we have to science and spirituality meeting. I'll definitely follow your links to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Dear Christine, maybe you answered my question, that I make me from the time I learned more and more about buddhismus: why we don't learn in school the genial ideas buddhismus gives all the humans from about 3000 years? Why we have to open every day things that are available in the buddhist texts at least for milenniums... They are open -read and practice. Nothing more.

    These particularly theme interest me from some years. But I'm not able to understand it else. There are many components and my mentality is maybe not enough open else for it.

    If you find something interesting, I would be happy if you make me know about it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I like this:"Have you considered tuning into the universe for music. The earth rotation, winds breezing leaves on trees, oceans, river flowings, and the cocophony within the jungle. All these are natural. I love em."

    Yes, I am aware of music CDs that are meant as sound healers and they cost only about $40

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy to see you, Malathy, hope everything's good by you.

    I buy CD-s only those that I can't find in the net but what I listened is really good. Seems, I've wrote about it too. :)))

    ReplyDelete