Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 15, 2008

What they did to reach Enlightenment


I read and received some learning stories in the last time and because I like learning stories very much, I write them here.

This first I don't know, maybe I heared it in TV and do not remember too much. I tell here the main thoughts from there.

The story is about somebody who asked Jesus Christ to tell him the secret of his realizations.
-I gave to eat to many persons, but if I did it without Love it would cost nothing, said Jesus. I made many miracles, but if I did them without Love they would have other significance.

There were other examples like these, but I don't remember them. The sence of all them was that everything he would do with other motivation, would have other meaning.
I thought about it and understood that this is right. I tryed to "give bread to other persons" with different "feelings" like
(with hatred) : Eat!
(with abhorrence): Eat!
(with love):Eat!
and every emotion gave different result (obviously, but I've never thought about it).

This is an other story, from Buddhismus, i received it from my friends. The story is in italian, I'll shortly translate it after the text.
Un tale chiese al Buddha: «Vorrei sapere qualcosa sullo stato di pace di cui parli, quello stato di solitudine e di quieto distacco. Come fa una persona a diventare calma e indipendente senza desiderare di aggrapparsi a nulla?».
«Una persona arriva a questo - rispose il Buddha - sradicando l'illusione "io sono". Stando sveglio e attento, comincia a lasciar andare gli appigli mentre si presentano. Ma qualunque risultato riesca a raggiungere, deve guardarsi dall'orgoglio interiore. Deve evitare di ritenersi migliore degli altri, o peggiore o uguale, dato che i paragoni danno risalto all'io. Dovrebbe cercare la pace dentro e non dipendere da essa in nessun altro posto. Perché quando una persona è calma dentro, l'io non si trova più. Nelle profondità dell'oceano non ci sono onde; è calmo e immoto. È lo stesso per la persona pacificata; è tranquilla, senza alcun desiderio da afferrare. Ha lasciato andare i fondamenti dell'io e non ricrea più l'orgoglio né il desiderio».
dal Sutta Nipata
Somebody asked Buddha: What did he to reach this state of quiet and indipendance?
-A person arrives to this state eliminating his/her illusion "I am", answered Buddha. But any realization you reach, you have to control very attentively you internal pride. You have avoid to think you are better or worse or equal to anybody. Because comparison makes "I" grow. You have to create internal piece and don't dipend from any other place. Because when a person is quiet iside, "I" do not exist. There are not waves in the depth of the ocean, it's quiet and without movement. E quiet person is the same: quiet and without desire to grab anything. (Sutta Nipata)

I don't know the author of the pic I posted here. I like it very much and think it gives right meaning to this post.

Related post:
Life's Brief Candle

4 comments:

  1. I like the story on Jesus and Buddha and the picture too. The picture reminds me of my post:http://steptpg.blogspot.com/2007/10/lifes-brief-candle.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful post and specially words of BS. I added it as related here. :)))

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your both stories are beautiful
    both teaches unless we are selfless
    we cant realize the divine

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy to see you here! Hope you feel finally better.

    For me, all this stories want to remember us that there are not Great Picks to reach. The most important things are simple.

    Our Teacher said: westerner come to ritrits waiting everytime to receive something new and complicate. But the most important is those simple practices.

    ReplyDelete