Pages

Search This Blog

Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Are Sports Really Useful For Health?

My husband tells it to me very often: I need move more if I want to remain healthy. All my "activities" in fact confine myself to different sitting hobbies. I like to read, to knit or to crochet, I pass hours making necklaces or writing articles. It can provoke Osteoarthritis , he says. Oh, those men. I'm not a soldier, I answer. If I do everything you want, I'll be a man, not a woman! Women have not to make sport always! Did you notice what men think about sport? If you listen what they tell about it, seems it's the miracle cure for all illnesses. I don't know any woman thinking this way.

But if I have to say it honestly, movement is life. Sport is health and beauty. It's enough to make exercises for some days and you begin to feel your muscles. It's great feeling. I see more and more persons running in our zone every year. There are many cyclists too. Some of my friends go in the fitness centers. I don't partecipate on all these activities. First of all, it's too far from the place where I live. I envy only. But in my age absence of movement means arthritis and all the problems that accompany it. There is not cure for this illness and the only help we can receive comes from our own will. Sport and movement.

What have we, Lazies, do to join this common fit to remain young and healthy as long as possible? As for me, there is only one way: to find strength of will and obbligue ourselves to create a good timetable. They say, you can't leave sport after some time when the body has already got accustomed to beсome it's everyday exercises.

No comments:

Post a Comment