Pages

Search This Blog

Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Meditation techniques in asanas. What do I

When I do my favourite asanas, I'm very cocentrated on how I move first of all. That is because from my young age I have problems with my spine. And than I pay attention on my breath. I forget about problems and thoughts, and my body brings me in the meditational state without any effort. After some minutes of asanas I can meditate. Very comfortable.

That is why I was surprised to read about many centers that teach asanas only as physical postures.

What I do?
I relax muscels and those in the head too,
then I focus my attention on this relaxation for some breathings.
The gaze is fixed because my mind is concentrated on controlling the muscles. Fixed gaze makes the mind more quiet. When my mind is concentrated on this exploration, I'm not distracted by my sences.
But it's better to do it in the place where I have less distractions as possible.
There is an other problem. My animals distrb me often. Cats want to rub against me, my dog comes to say me something too.

So after this breath relaxation I begin to do asanas.I do them very slowly, relaxed and concentrated on what my muscels do. I enjoy this movement. I like it. It's really great feeling.

I did asanas for different years without this "preparation", and it was completly different experience. Now I think it's very important part of the practice. Maybe the most important part.

And what do YOU do?

No comments:

Post a Comment