Pages

Search This Blog

Sunday, December 16, 2007

Sleeping Buddha and energetic chanels

Sri Lanka, Polonnaruwa and other places on very beautiful photos of Juergen Schreiber
I looked at the persons on the photos, those praying for the statues and remembered an interview with Dalai Lama.
Do you see this little statue of Tara? -said he- Do you feel something special when you see it? No. For everybody, including the actual Dalai Lama, this statue is only a little statue. But for the V-th (I think) Dalai Lama this statue was an alive being that told him all the Teachings he had wrote later.

But I looked for the Sleeping Buddha photo to have a confirmation ... that Buddha is sleeping on the right side.

There is a little peculiarity -for those who doesn't know- why he does it in this way. To explain it we have to remember energetic chanels of human body. Two of them, precisely. Red and white, those that begin in the nostrils. Right chanel is for negative emotions, left is for positive emotions (contrary for women). Dreaming on the right side Buddha presses the chanel of negative emotions and positive emotions can circulate without disturbances. If he was a woman he would sleep on the left side. The position of the hands and legs during the meditation ( Photo here ) would be contrary too.
Water Meditation Room

2 comments:

  1. Thank you for invitation. I would be very happy if I could once visit that places. And if this would happen I'll come to you to have you as my guide.
    :)))

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have been to this Sri Lanka 's Polannurawa. Didn't know the reason for the sleeping positon though. The last time I went there was with some Muslims and there's no one to explain that. My recent trip to Buddhist sites was better with lots of explanation, dana etc. will find time to post them. Just back, still giddy but already thinking of going to Kuala Lumpur for a couple of days. Will make up mind tomorrow!

    ReplyDelete