Pages

Search This Blog

Saturday, November 24, 2007

Relaxation and meditation timers

Time ago when I looked for meditation timer I could not find it. Later, surfing the web I found the timer of Berkeleymonastery and I use it. For those who looks for these timers today I post here my "collection"

This timer I found in this interesting blog
Relaxation & Meditation Timer and you can use it opening this page

I wrote that I prefere the timer of http://www.berkeleymonastery.org/meditate.asp
but logically everybody has to choose what is more good for him/her and that is why I post all timers I know.

Other 2 you'll find here:
http://www.insightmeditationcenter.org/timer/timer.html
http://themiddleway.net/

4 comments:

  1. Oh! Now there is a timer for meditation! With time constraint, meditation won't be relaxing now! It defeats the purpose, don't you think?

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, footiam, you are not right. Timer, as mala, is very useful.Specially for beginners. You don't feel time, when you begin to practice. You think you stay for 15 minutes but there are only 5 minutes passed. And so you look an look a the watch. When you have timer you don't think more about time and are concentrated only on meditation.

    The same with mala. If you don't count with mala how many times you repeate the mantra, you do it only some times. So, you have say mantra and think about counting it. If you do it with mala, your mind is concentrated only on repeating the mantra. About counting think your fingers.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Liudmila for the information. Now, I wonder how ancient people meditate without timer.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You need timer as a beginner. With time that you practice ( and it will happen not after more-more time, you know) you reach the special state after you begin to meditate, so that your body is not interested more in other activities. You don't want to leave this state. So the timer is useful till you are a very experienced practitioner to remember you about other activities. It's useful to say you: Ou, you want to finish it or not? Go to make your other responsabilities! :)))

    ReplyDelete