Pages

Search This Blog

Friday, November 9, 2007

Thomas and Tai Chi

For the first time I saw him about a year ago. A strange man did very strange movements during the breaks on ritrit.

He took "interesting" poses and stroke himself in different places. And we, other persons presented nearby, laughed seeing him.

This year I knew him and his wife better. We lived in the same hotel and went together to the ritrit with their auto.

One day I cought a cold, felt bad, had headaches. During one of the breakes I saw Thomas doing the same strange things and asked him about it.
-Do so if you want your energy rise, said he.
I did everything he showed me. It was a game. But ... Till the next break I had no more headaches and felt not cold. I was not ill! I was really surprised. Incredible!

Next break I asked Thomas: what is it? -It's Tai Chi, said he.

Today I learned 2 great things from Tai Chi.
I bought a book about it and found an other solution for one of my problems. I wrote many times about it: I can't relax good enough. Practices I knew was not sufficient for me. In the book I bought I found some exercises that seem to resolve this problem.

And you know, there is written there: relaxation is not a simple thing, you have to learn it. Without it the practices can't be successful.
I agree.

4 comments:

  1. Ah, Thomas said me, those are techniques of ninja (I don't remember how to write)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Liudmila, I have linked this story with my latest 'Taichi" at http://dragondescendants.blogpot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great!!! Will read it after the dinner.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Tai Chi is so beneficial. I'm happy to see you explore that. I enjoy the Chi Gung exercises that I've learned from studying Tai chi.
    I used to dance, and when leaping through the air became tentative for me I gravitated to Tai Chi and Yoga. Love your blog.

    ReplyDelete